The junior academy is a year around golf and golf fitness training program designed for juniors who have a passion for golf and strive to get better. At MHG all junior programs are based on the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) model which uses physical and mental activities that are appropriate to a junior’s biological age. By using this advanced and innovative model your junior will develop the athletic and golf specific skills necessary to play competitive golf while building confidence and having fun! To learn more about the TPI Junior model, learn the benefits of group training, and find out what to expect at the MHG Junior Academy (LEARN MORE)
Matt Henderson is aTPI Certified coach in Nevada specially trained to coach juniors with the scientifically proven long term athletic development model.
After School Junior Academy
Get your junior involved in our award-winning junior golf program. Classes are year round. Here are some of the many highlights:
- Taught by Director of Instruction Matt Henderson, recipient of the Southern Nevada PGA’s Teacher of the Year Award in 2013 and Player Development Award in 2013..
- A place to play to play and practice. TPC Las Vegas participates in the Youth on Course Initiative. (LEARN MORE)
- The program focuses on activities for gaining strength, quickness, speed, agility, balance and confidence that are challenging but rewarding..
- Juniors are introduced to the fundamentals of golf, skill development and Fundamental movement skills..
- Each program will focus on a theme such as grip, alignment, posture, weight shift..
- Juniors will rotate through stations that are set up to develop.
- A-B-C’s (Agility, Balance, Coordination, Speed).
- S-port Skills.
- H-one Your Golf Skills.
- Training is conducted outside at TPC Las Vegas – weather appropriate athletic attire is required (athletic shoes, shorts, hat, coat in the winter).
- Skill Oriented Practice Sessions.
- The First Class is Free, Click here to email us to let us know when you are coming for your first class.
Maximum Student Teacher Ratio of 6:1